Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holden (Catcher In The Rye)

Holden is the main character of the book Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I can identify with Holden so much. He's such a character that I can imagine him being real. J.D. did a great job of creating him and his personality. This is one of the best books I've ever read and I believe it's because I really like Holden. He's got problems. Real problems. Problems that most teenagers have. He complains. This boy complains about EVERYTHING and I just find that so intriguing. At some points in the story I get sad. It's like he doesn't have any friends. Well not any REAL friends. He barely even has his family. Holden seems to be very depressed. Everything makes him sad. Even things that aren't meant to be sad. He's so alone. Forever alone. Some times I feel that way too. I feel like there's no one who really understands me. Who I am and what I'm here for. But then I realize that I'm just being silly. No one will EVER completely understand you. Thanks Holden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment